[LAU] [LAD] Kontakt sampler format (and others like EXS24)

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Sep 1 04:28:27 UTC 2012

On Sat, September 1, 2012 2:01 pm, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-09-01 at 04:53 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Talk to
>> http://www.studio-presse.de/2.0.html
>> too.
>
> IOW, don't send a statistic to Fritz Fey, but present him a well tuned
> Linux PC, completely, with all the needed RME gear etc., so that he can
> test it in his studio. Also pay for advertising in his magazine, at the
> same time you present him this computer. At the same time do the same
> for important, well known professional studios and important magazines
> for professionals all over the world.
>
> Only companies can do this, but Linux isn't a company.

Linux Audio has a community. Each one of us has the ability to provide
services and support within our own local region.

> If you send a statistic, that millions of people use Linux audio and the
> magazine guys do ten phone calls, but nobody is using Linux audio from
> the people they called, then ...? Take an educated guess.

That's where you are in the position to provide that service. We are doing
it over here in Oz. There is no reason you cannot do it in <your
city/country of residence> too. Just pick a target and initiate a
conversation. Offer your services and you'll be surprised at who is
interested in taking you up on your offer. The more you do it the easier
it becomes.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd