[LAU] [LAD] Kontakt sampler format (and others like EXS24)

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Sep 1 06:20:07 UTC 2012

On Sat, September 1, 2012 3:38 pm, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-09-01 at 15:14 +1000, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>> On Sat, September 1, 2012 2:29 pm, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> > Should I send you a list ;)?
>> >

>> Yes, please do. That way we can see where the gaps are...
>>
>> A few choral voice sets
>
> To send a list would be to time consuming. Btw. I'm using Linux only +
> some stand alone synth and real instruments.

If there are gaps that you are aware of and you don't let people know
about them then you can't reasonably expect solutions to be provided.

> The East West Choirs sing your lyrics. It's not another Ahhhh or Ohhhh
> sample ;).
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI5Gg2-mhmU
>
> A less expensive Orchestra, East West fore sure provides a better
> Orchestra:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLOz-Y49h4k
> And this doesn't show tremolo strings special techniques to play brass
> etc., available by this LowFi Orchestra, that anyway does sound as sound
> much better as a free sampler + free samples for Linux.

You may not recall but in "Abundance" I made ample use of a singing robot.
There are several people who have spent a considerable amount of time and
effort on choral voices for the Linux platform. Given that it is one of
the higher arts do you really think that there are not serious scientific
studies on this topic being undertaken at this very moment that rely on
Linux for their research platform?

Fons probably has much more information on this topic than I do given that
it is one of the core goals of La Casa De La Musica to preserve the choral
traditions (IIUC).

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd