[LAU] Linux FLOSS video

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Sep 2 16:21:13 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-09-02 at 11:55 -0400, Brett McCoy wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>
> > It seems not to draw natural lip movements automatically to wav files
> > with spoken text.
>
> Lip-synch tools don't do that automatically anyway, not even Magpie.
> They all just provide you with a way to take a waveform and scrub it,
> so you can match it against templates of mouth shapes (which Papagayo
> does provide, you can even provide your own). Lip-synch can be done
> without that, many animators still just scrub the audio and use an
> X-sheet.

There are applications where you can mark a mouth and then the lips will
move naturally and automatically to audio file. I've forgotten the name
of a much used app, but I googled and send a link to an app in an
earlier reply. I don't know if exactly this app is a good one, but there
at least is one app that's excellent.
http://aescripts.com/images/script_thumbs/mm/AutoLipSync/autolipsync_interface_en.png
http://www.mamoworld.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=318%3Atalking-tree-with-auto-lip-sync&catid=35%3Atutorials&Itemid=85
Regards,