[LAU] question about audio interface

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sun Sep 2 23:17:34 UTC 2012

On 09/03/2012 12:08 AM, Gabriel wrote:
> Hey everyone, can someone remind me where i can get the list of known
> usb audio interfaces that work with linux and ubuntu? And maybe someone
> can tell me if the Roland UA-55 Quad-Capture does work with a linux system?

http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/current_audio_gear
is an index of devices tested or used by active members of the
linux-audio community.

The ALSA project also has a list of devices and their current support
status: http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Main

The UA-55 is not USB-2 class compliant. It needs a dedicated driver and
does not [yet?] work with GNU/Linux. see
http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/current_audio_gear#roland_-_quad-capture_ua-55_usb-2

best,
robin