[LAU] Any program suitable for Backingband?

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 13:01:10 UTC 2012

On 04/09/12 13:15, Jostein Christoffer Andersen wrote:
> Hi Julien,
>
> 2012/9/4 Julien Claassen <julien at mail.upb.de <mailto:julien at mail.upb.de>>
>
>     Hello Jostein!
>       Nama can basically do this. You can start/stop via spacebar, you
>     can have a recorded clicktrack or use the clicktrack LADSPA
>     plugin. Youcan of course have multiple channels out.
>       but I'm pretty sure, that Ardour can do the same and more for
>     you as well.
>       If you want the really easy way, you might give mplayer a try. I
>     think it does support multiple channel output. No real clicktrack
>     though, so it will have to be recorded. But you can have a
>     playlist and work your way through it. You need multi-channel
>     audio files though, no individual track-files as such. but these
>     could be created.
>

>  I will have a look at Nama, thanks! :-)
>
> Ardour can do a lot of this, but it's nothing I want to setup and deal
> with when performing on stage,
Although... you could probably set-up a kind of 'template' in Ardour and
use a bit of OSC for the controlling part.
Have a look at http://ardour.org/osc_control to see ho many things can
actually be controlled via OSC

For example you could just append the needed songs (with individual
tracks and buses set-up as needed) and use markers to create a
'playlist'... just an idea.

Lorenzo.