[LAU] Any program suitable for Backingband?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Wed Sep 5 14:15:31 UTC 2012

On Wed, September 5, 2012 6:03 am, Jostein Christoffer Andersen wrote:

>  -Hit the space bar on the keyboard on the floor for pausing when a song
> is
> finished.
>  -Hit it again for the next song

I actually took an old keyboard apart for the board inside. I put three
switches in a box (page up, page dwn and something else I don't remember
right now) for scrolling lyrics (have to be able to go backwards too).
Guitar stomp box switches will last a lot longer than a keyboard, you
don't have to worry about hitting something that exits your program and it
looks... well like musical equipment. If you only need one switch, there
are cheap keyboard sustain switches that are still quite robust and
unobtrusive (black). They generally have a microswitch in side that can be
switched to normally open (what you want) if they are normally closed by
default (Yamaha and Roland are opposite, but I don't remember which is
which. I had to change one)

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net