[LAU] Too many xruns

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Wed Sep 5 19:29:10 UTC 2012

On 5 September 2012 at 9:30, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> rtirq status

I suspect you mean 'sudo service rtirq status', or equivalent.

> resp. /etc/rc.d/rtirq status or whatever the path to rtirq is for your
> distro.

It turns out that neither system has rtirq file on it at all.  The
Fedora 17 system, the one with xruns, doesn't have any package that
supplies rtirq that I can find.  The Mandriva 2010.2 system, the one
that works, similarly has no rtirq installed, nor in repositories.

> "Kernel 3.5.2-3.fc17.x86_64" just that jackd starts in real-time mode,
> doesn't mean that rtirq has impact.

Yes, it would have to be a neatly cooperating system of
interconnected parts to get it to work.  I'm hoping that one of those
parts, or one of the interfaces between a couple parts needs a tweak,
followed by everything working fine.

Thanks for the pointer!

--
Kevin