[LAU] matrix mixer?

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 07:34:40 UTC 2012

On 07/09/12 08:48, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 09/07/12 07:29, michael noble wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think he is looking for a crosspoint audio switcher rather than a
>>> mixer.
>>> It could almost be done in script with commandline jack control. The
>>> switching doesn't have to be that fast. Effectively what is
>>> happening with
>>> PD
>>>

>> Yes, matrix "mixer" is probably a misnomer, but that's what I've seen
>> it referred to in the past. For reference, this is what I'm after but
>> with more inputs/outputs:
>>
>> http://www.audiomulch.com/help/contraption-ref/Matrix
>>

> I'm almost 100% sure this exists. I've seen a project where someone
> created a mixer based on the one in Ardour. But it's already a few
> years ago and I can't find it anywhere.

I tried doing something like that a couple of years ago... I've never
publicized much as it was rather sloppy and I never had time to really
get back to it seriously. Also when I started it I wasn't aware Ardour3
was basically offering the same functionality, and it ended up being
more of an autotools exercise really (in the revision branch). Anyway
here goes...

https://github.com/lorenzosu/jackmatrix

Lorenzo.