[LAU] Too many xruns

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Fri Sep 7 09:40:33 UTC 2012

On 09/07/12 11:23, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
> All soft interrupts run at 50 by default, so they are all "raised" by
> default.. Empirical testing on a couple of machines shows that it is
> indeed beneficial to raise the priority of associated soft
> interrupt threads.

Hi Joakim,

So you suggest to raise the priority of associated soft interrupt
threads higher than the default prio of 50?

> There is so much hearsay and mumbo jumbo about linux audio floating
> around, that I would not make such a statement without having a
> foundation for it..

If this is addressed to me personally, I don't base my statements on
hearsay and mumbo jumbo. I've addressed this specific topic on LAC2011
in front of an audience with very knowledgeable people. If I were
postulating statements without having a foundation for it at that talk
the audience would've pointed me towards that.
I could have misunderstood your mail of course, it is not totally clear
to whom you address your reproaches. If so I apologize beforehand.

Best,

Jeremy