[LAU] [ot] Data recovery

Colin Fletcher colin.m.fletcher at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 9 15:32:04 UTC 2012

Julien,
photorec (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec) claims to be able to recover .wav files: it might be worth a try.
Good luck!
Colin.
-----Original Message-----
From: Julien Claassen
Sent:  09/09/2012, 16:11
To: linux-audio-user
Subject: [LAU] [ot] Data recovery

Hello everyone!
   I'm sorry to post this here. I've just deleted two days worth of recording
work by accident or lack of concentration. It has just happened. Any trick to
get the files back. I think, nothing should have been written on the partition
yet. It's mostly .wav-files, so I can't just grep the device file for the
partition for some text. The computer has one more partition, but it's
smaller, so methods, that require a full image of this partition are out.
   Thanks for any advise! and kind regards
           Julien