[LAU] MIDI keyboard not recognized

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Mon Sep 10 14:31:16 UTC 2012

On Sunday 09 September 2012 22:25, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Nigel Henry
> <cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr>wrote: [ ... ]
>
> what is super-wierd about this is that amidi can see it, and lists it as
> hw:1,0,0

I must say that I didn't take much notice of that at the time, but was more
taken by the missing card in /proc/asound/cards.

I see his lsusb also lists an integrated webcam no doubt with a mike which
will be using snd_usb_audio, which if that is so, that's not showing in the
cards list. I know I'm clutching at straws but wonder if the webcams mike is
also trying for card1 and causing some sort of conflict with snd_usb_audio.

I suppose it's worth unplugging the keyboard and seeing if snd_usb_audio turns
up in /proc/asound/cards for the webcam mike as card1.

If it does I'm not sure how you set the index options for multiple devices
using snd_usb_audio.

Nigel.