[LAU] BCF2000, qjackctl and ardour

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Tue Sep 11 02:30:10 UTC 2012

On 10 September 2012 at 15:14, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> run a2jmidid -e
> if you want a second rate solution, use JACK's "builtin" ALSA MIDI support
> via the "MIDI Driver" selector at the bottom left of the setup dialog.

I've got it half working, thanks to the advice of those who
responded.  Half working means that the sliders on the BCF move
when I move the sliders in ardour.  The slider to slider track
assignments look right too.

Tracing the MIDI traffic of mcu I get "input" when I move the BCF
slider, and I get "output" when I move the ardour slider.

My setup is currently running MIDI Driver of qjackctl as "none"
in combination with running "a2jmidid -e".  In the MIDI tab
of qjackctl's Connections window I have ardour's output ports
(control, mcu, and seq) all connected to the BCF MIDI 1 input
port.  I also have the BCF MIDI 1 output port connected to all of
ardour's input ports.

Now all I need to do is to figure out how to get the BCF sliders
to move the ardour sliders.  The way I've got it leaves me
hopeful.  But, it's not yet useful.

Cheerio...

--
Kevin