[LAU] MIDI keyboard not recognized

jy jypllx at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 07:37:34 UTC 2012

2012/9/10 Brett McCoy <idragosani at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 4:40 PM, jy <jypllx at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yup but it still doesn't show up in qjackctl, which is really really
> > strange.
> > I really don't get why it doesn't since it's properly recognized by ALSA.
> > Does anyone know from where qjackctl gets its MIDI device list ?
>
> You'll still need to use a2jmidid -e to get Jack to see it.
>
> i did use a2jmidid -e yesterday night but it didn't solve the problem....
:(
still no appearance of the midi keyboard.

I also tried with all proposed audio cards in qjackctl setup but still no
midi keyboard (even though the keyboard is correctly listed as an interface
in the interface combo box)

I'm starting to feel like this is hopeless (i'm gonna shed a tear) :-)

just to know, how does jack know about the midi devices present. does it
rely on ALSA ?

Would a message found in dmesg like :
[  782.208027] usb 7-1: new full-speed USB device number 8 using uhci_hcd
when plugging in the keyboard be of any interest in my case ?

cheers and thanks, guys !

jy