[LAU] BCF2000, qjackctl and ardour

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Tue Sep 11 16:13:42 UTC 2012

On 11 September 2012 at 9:06, Giso Grimm <gg3137 at vegri.net> wrote:

> On 09/11/2012 05:41 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
> > although it does sort-of-kind-of-work, i cannot recommend ardour 2.X's
> > support for the mackie control protocol.
>
> With 2.8x it works very well

That was my previous experience as well.  Now that I've changed
computer hardware and Linux distribution version I haven't been able
to recreate that experience.

> if in ardour the raw device is used instead
> of the jack device.
>
>  From ~/.ardour2/ardour.rc:
>
>   <MIDI-port tag="mcu" device="/dev/midi-bcf2000" mode="duplex" type="alsa/raw"/>

>     <Option name="mackie-emulation" value="bcf"/>

I might give that one more whirl.  But, I won't spend a lot of time
on it.

> And in /etc/udev/rules.d/60-symlink.rules I have:
>
> KERNEL=="midiC[0-9]D0", ATTRS{product}=="BCF2000", SYMLINK+="midi-bcf2000"

Excellent!  I never did figure that out.  I've used "midiC3D0", as
that's where my BCF2000 ends up.

> Unfortunately ardour removes/rewrites the entry in ardour.rc whenever
> the device can not be found.

I've noticed.  But, if I turn on all the outboard gear, then start
jack, then start ardour, then it worked very nicely in the past.

Thanks much....

--
Kevin