[LAU] First impressions of MusE 2.0

renato rennabh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 16:41:07 UTC 2012

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 20:47:53 +0100
Dan MacDonald <allcoms at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've just posted my first impressions of MusE 2.0

I agree with you that Muse 2.0 is really nice, unfortunately I had time
to play with it only for a few days after its release, looking forward
to getting back to it.

What I remember liking a lot:
* the possibility to edit audio clips with external editor (sure you
  can allways do that but it's just easier if there's a menu entry for
  it)
* the choice between piano roll and drum map
* the bare bones MESS sampler

I have to say that what I was/am after is a DAW for fast "prototyping"
of songs rather than serious full-fledged production, and of the linux
DAWs I tried Muse seemed the best for this

cheers,
renato