[LAU] hdsp not happy with recent kernels

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Sep 13 18:35:00 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 14:24 -0400, Peter Lutek wrote:
> interesting... thanks! since you're including AVLinux, can i assume
> these are *all* 32-bit? i wonder if i'm getting hung up, trying to run
> 64-bit?
>
> and, what hardware are you on? i suppose it's possible there's some
> weird interaction between the more recent kernels and my ThinkPad
> T520.

No, AV Linux is the only 32-bit install, all other installs are 64-bit.
Mobo: ASUS M2A-VM HDMI, the HDMI thingy is replaced by a GeForce 7200 GS
CPU : AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core BE-2350 2.1GHz
Since I'm booted into Arch at the moment:
[spinymouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi jack2
Name           : jack2
Version        : 1.9.8-2

I don't have Debian installed anymore and I'm not using AV Linux, but at
least to consume music and video I'm using Ubuntu Studio Precise and
Arch Linux at the moment. Production should be possible too, but I had
no time to do serious work for quite some time. However, jackd does
work.

Regards,
Ralf