[LAU] MIDI keyboard not recognized

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Sep 13 20:21:42 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 22:14 +0200, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 09/13/2012 07:25 PM, jy wrote:
> > hum bad news
> > $ modinfo snd_seq_midi
> > ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_seq_midi
> >
> > should i try to get it ?
>
> Yes otherwise your system is a bit crippled MIDI wise. Fwiw, I had a
> Oxygen8 v2 too. It stopped working from one day to another too. But that
> was because of a hardware failure.

Apologize, I forget to check this.

spinymouse at precise:~$ lsmod | grep snd_seq_midi
snd_seq_midi           12848  0
snd_seq_midi_event     13316  1 snd_seq_midi
snd_seq                56993  3
snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_rawmidi            26976  4
snd_hdspm,snd_usbmidi_lib,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_seq_midi
snd_seq_device         13132  4
snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_midi,snd_seq,snd_rawmidi
spinymouse at precise:~$ sudo modprobe snd_seq_midi

No output for sudo modprobe snd_seq_midi. Oops :D.

spinymouse at precise:~$ modinfo snd_seq_midi
filename:       /lib/modules/3.0.30/kernel/sound/core/seq/snd-seq-midi.ko
license:        GPL
author:         Frank van de Pol <fvdpol at coil.demon.nl>, Jaroslav Kysela
<perex at perex.cz>
srcversion:     A579850A9D01B2F45AF32BF
depends:        snd-seq-midi-event,snd-seq,snd-rawmidi,snd-seq-device
vermagic:       3.0.30 SMP preempt mod_unload modversions
parm:           output_buffer_size:Output buffer size in bytes. (int)
parm:           input_buffer_size:Input buffer size in bytes. (int)

spinymouse at precise:~$ modinfo usbcore
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module usbcore

Again, on my system there aren't issues regarding to QJackCtl's ALSA
tab.