[LAU] xruns no matter what

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Fri Sep 14 19:21:17 UTC 2012

On 09/14/2012 07:14 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm quite a bit puzzled and so I'm hoping to find something I haven't
> considered yet. I'm using a FireWire Saffire LE Audio Interface,
> connected to the following PCI card: NEC Corporation uPD72873
> [Firewarden] IEEE1394a OHCI 1.1 Link/2-port PHY Controller (rev 01).

http://subversion.ffado.org/wiki/HostControllers#NEC

Your controller is marked as "problematic" but if it worked before so
there is something going on.

> Software information: ffado built from svn, jack 1.9.8, kernel 3.5.3
> PREEMT (no realtime patch) or 3.4.9-rt17 (with realtime patch), libraw
> 2.1.0.
>
> No matter what I configure jack to run with, I get regular xruns every
> few seconds whilst doing nothing. The last settings I tried were:
>
> Frames/Period: 4096
> Sample Rate: 96000
> Periods/Buffer: 3
> (Latency: 128ms)

Did you also try lower frames/period settings? And running Jack with the
-S option? And what prio does Jack have? Do the xruns come in burst or
all the time? Which exact FFADO svn checkout are you using?

Best,

Jeremy