[LAU] OT: hdsp not happy with recent kernels

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Sep 14 22:27:45 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-09-14 at 15:18 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
> On Fri, September 14, 2012 12:22 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 07:34:07 +0200, Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:
> >> now if I configure pulse to ignore the internal sound interface
> >
> > How do configure pulse to ignore it?
>
> pavucontrol -> Configuration tab -> on the card in question select profile
> called "off".

Apologize, I asked the wrong question, resp. forget a second question.
How do I make pulseaudio aware, that there's a RME card too. The GUI for
Ubuntu Studio Precise only noticed my 2 Envy24 cards, but didn't show
the RME card.

Btw. I'm just asking out of curiosity, I won't install pulseaudio and I
always will remove it from fresh installs, assumed those force to
install pulseaudio. Even if pulseaudio shouldn't cause trouble, I have
no use for it.

Regards,
Ralf