[LAU] MIDI keyboard not recognized

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 17:34:40 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 18 September 2012, you wrote:
> 2012/9/18 jy <jypllx at gmail.com>
>
> > Hi Pedro,
> >
> > This turned out to be a great idea. With a live USB stick of
> > ubuntustudio, my keyboard works out of the box !!!
> > Checked the modules and snd-seq-midi is present with the live USB
> > stick.
> >
> > Rebooted without the live USB stick and I can now confirm that
> > snd-seq-midi is missing whereas it shouldn't be.
> >
> > How can i get it back ?
>
> I'm figuring reinstalling the 3.2.0-23-lowlatency-pae kernel... :-/
> Am I correct ?

Well, yes, I guess. But I'm not an ubuntu/debian user and I don't know the
best way to do so.

Another question is: how could it happen in the first place? Was there an
accident while/after the installation? Or maybe a disk malfunction? I would
try to check the filesystem before trying any other repair.

Regards,
Pedro