[LAU] [OT] How to deactivate left clic on a touch screen

Carlos sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 13:31:39 UTC 2012

2012/9/19 Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com>:
> On 09/19/2012 01:59 PM, Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:
>>
>> Dear all.
>>
>> Anybody knows how to deactivate the left clic event when you put your
>> finger on a touch screen?
>>
>> The thing is that I still haven't found a way to achieve a proper
>> behaviour of the touch screen on my UMPC as a live music station.
>> Every time I put my finger on it it triggers a left clic, so when I
>> try to move the cursor it moves some window or clic on a button when I
>> want not.
>>
>> I've been experimenting with drivers and even modifying xorg.conf but
>> didn't get to make the screen work as it should. And still don't know
>> how at least deactivate this behaviour, so I can move the mouse with
>> my finger (with no clic at all) and then use one of the two hardware
>> buttons (left and right clic assigned) when needed.
>>
>> I mentioned this in context on a previous mail. Maybe it's not trivial
>> and I should ask Xorg list or something else.
>>
>> Just in case, I ask to you dear folks.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

> Hello Carlos,
>
> What kind of touchscreen is it?
>
> Best,
>
> Jeremy

Hope this may help:

* Display Size: 7.0" 1024 X 600 (but I can only choose 800x600, driver
problems I guess)
* Screen Type: LED-Backlit LCD
* Touch Technology: Resistive (soft/finger) Single-touch
* Display Type: Soft (Finger) Touch

and...
* SO: Musix 3 beta 2 (based on Debian Squeeze)
* CPU type: Intel Atom (Silverthorne)
* CPU speed: Z520, 1.33Ghz

Don't know the manufacturer of the screen, but is the usual on Viliv's
devices, at least some years ago I suppose.

Thanks, Jeremy.

--
Carlos sanchiavedraz
* Musix GNU+Linux