[LAU] sync jack as slave to external mtc or mmc

Tim E. Real termtech at rogers.com
Fri Sep 21 19:06:53 UTC 2012

On September 21, 2012 8:17:33 PM Ch.Bunge wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I want do sync my old atari programs with mtn/mmc to jack.
>
> I did some experiments with ardour rosegarden and muse. Start and stop
> commandos work, but all programs don't synchronize the tempo.
> Is there a program that can sync jack as slave to external mtc or midi
> clock?
>
> thanks

MusE is quite good at syncing to external midi clock input.
It is guaranteed not to drift, should be rock solid no matter what you
 throw at it.
It supports midi realtime and MMC commands.
But it does not sync to MTC yet.
Recently the ability to record the external tempos has been added.

Midi sync clock output on the other hand, is a bit weaker at the moment.
It should work, but sync output needs some fixing for accuracy and timing,
 best results may be with the ALSA devices instead of Jack midi devices.

As the other posters say, Jack does not do syncing by itself.
It is up to the applications to do that.

Just ask if you need any help, our Sync Settings dialog may seem
 a bit overwhelming.

Tim.
The MusE project.