[LAU] 10 years anniversary of ZynAddSubFX

Carlos sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 10:57:14 UTC 2012

2012/9/25 Paul N <zynaddsubfx at yahoo.com>

> Hi.
> In 25 September 2002 I released the first version of ZynAddSubFX. Now, I
> am glad that, after 10 years ZynAddSubFX (with its forks and other software
> based on it) is used by many people. For me it was one of the greatest
> accomplishments in my life.
> I want to thank to the whole ZynAddSubFX community for help. Thanks to all
> other developers, contributors and users.
> I hope that the next decade will bring more joy to anybody involved in
> developing or in using ZynAddSubFX.
> Thanks.
> Paul

Hi Paul.

On behalf of the Musix community, users and collaborators, and of course
myself, our most sincere Congratulations.

Ten years! It seems like yesterday the first day I opened Zyn and played
for some time not knowing all its potential yet and getting absolutely lost
between knobs, sliders and dialogs.

ZynAddSubFX has been a core part of Musix since almost day one, and for me
is my synth of reference when I want somebody new to FLOSS audio see what
an incredible pieces of software there are, powerful and almost impossible
to know every detail and tweaking capabilities.

I remember once in a conference, projecting on a big screen, that I started
opening some Zyn dialogs packed with parameters and configuration and I
could see the audience astonished and willing for more live sound demo of
patches.

Again, Congratulations and... Long Live ZynAddSubFX!

--
Carlos sanchiavedraz
* Musix GNU+Linux