[LAU] Audio mixer using a raspberry-pi and some external audio card

David bouncingcats at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 14:57:05 UTC 2013

On 02/04/2013, Roberto Suarez Soto <talkingxouba at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got two audio "outputs" (headphones and a 4.1 set of speakers) and two
> audio "inputs" (a computer and a TV). In an ideal world, I'd be able to switch
> between them with some sort of device:

You could use two of these:
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/burnt-fingers-diy-effects/191681-ot-schematic-diy-3-5mm-audio-switch-box.html#post2213759

and for the second one, swap "in" and "out" in the diagram, so you have
(in1,in2)-->switch-->(out = in)-->switch-->(out1,out2)

Total parts required: 2 DPDT switches, 4 stereo connectors, wire, box.

And then do something more interesting with your r-pi.