[LAU] Terrible mic ground noise

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Tue Apr 2 10:44:51 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 10:44:37AM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I wouldn't connect a microphone, that is better than a supermarket
> microphone to a headphone output!

Most dynamics will take it, as long as you don't go to far in
power. Some are very good at it, Sennheiser MD21 is one example
that's well above supermarket quality.

When on holiday in Senegal some years ago I was at a reggea
party where the DJ was replugging his MD21 all the time, using
it both as a mic and as a headphone to cue the next track...

Ciao,

--
FA