[LAU] What is the best MP3 encoder?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Apr 2 14:06:49 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-04-02 at 15:29 +0200, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote
> For electric guitars this sweet spot is in the 500-1000 euro

I agree and I love my Ibanez for around 800 DM (lets say it would be
around 800 € today), bought around 30 years ago. It has a good sound,
action and the form of the neck is okay. But if I could pay for a > 1000
€ guitar I would buy one today. I'm not in practise anymore, but I
notice that playing a SG is easier than playing my Ibanez (Strat like).

> I found that for classical guitars it's significantly higher though: In
> the 1500-2500 euro range

I own a Yamaha G-230, it did cost around 200 DM over 30 years ago and
can't keep up with expensive acoustic guitars. I heard (and played as
good as possible, but don't own) a cheap Dobro and a 10,000 DM Dobro,
both not from the Dopyera brothers. The very expensive instrument is
played by named bluegrass musicians too, it has much, much longer
sustain, a much more transparent sound and the price is ok, it's
comparable with an expensive grand piano. You don't needed it, you
should remember that some people have not enough to eat, but if somebody
would give you such an instrument, you should reconsider to play it.