[LAU] ABX test (was Re: What is the best MP3 encoder?)

Florian Paul Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Wed Apr 3 07:12:30 UTC 2013

On 04/03/2013 09:02 AM, Peder Hedlund wrote:

> Which might very well be because you know that it's an MP3 and you
> "know" MP3s sound bad.
> Please do show that you can't stand MP3s by providing an ABX score.
>
> - Peder

And just to add to that a little bit of (maybe friendly) advice to Ralf
(Sorry Peter, for hijacking your post):

Ralf, this is a chance to grow as a human. Have your convictions
challenged and learn about nature and yourself. Since you are
emotionally invested into knowing you're right, this is potentially
especially valuable. Since people who are emotionally invested in their
convictions often take a little time to adjust to having an essential
part of their world view shattered (I personally know some people who
went from being religious to being open about what we can really learn
about nature - so I have a a little bit of experience with this), do the
double blind test in the privacy of your home. I learned about the ABX
plugin from this thread. What a great opportunity :D Do not report back
to us, what you found. Let it sink, repeat the test a few times with
different material, different encodings, etc., and find out what
difference you can REALLY hear.

Have fun,
Flo

--