[LAU] ABX test invite

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Apr 3 15:25:01 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-03 at 15:34 +0200, Peder Hedlund wrote:
> Quoting Peder Hedlund <peder at musikhuset.org>:
>
> > Quoting Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>:
> >> _But_ the mix of the original wav for sure is nice for that
> >> kind of music, but it isn't a high quality audio recording useful for
> >> this test.
> >
> > Since Raffaele was able to tell the difference with the 108kbps file,
> > was pretty successful with the 124 and failed with the 165 I'd say the
> > example is definitely useful, since that's the kind of numbers you'd
> > expect.
>
> Ah, I guess I misunderstood your intentions. I agree the sample
> probably isn't good enough for a play-one-after-the-other test.

There was no difference when just listening. There was no difference
when I focused the reverb and the high frequencies of the chords.
Correct, I didn't do an ABX test, but I would use something like a
church recording with a nice mix for the room and than simply listen,
even for an ABX test. If I shouldn't notice something I would focus the
"picture of the room painted by the mix", e.g. transparency of the
reverb, is the stereo width equal etc. pp..

I'm curious now, but it's not that important for me, that I'm willing to
spend time with finding the issue for the ABX program.