[LAU] Any HW and SW based backing-band solutions?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Apr 3 15:38:06 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-03 at 06:58 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
> Stay away from anything that requires a pre etched board

Never try to build good quality audio gear on a stripboard.
I didn't really count it, but it feels like 95% of the circuits that did
sound like crap, when build on a stripboard, got professional audio
quality, after building them on an etched board. The way of the
conducting paths already can be important, but I suspect, while the
soldering joints are good enough for power supplies etc., they are much
more important, for audio gear and I've got doubts that the soldering
joints are that good on strip boards, even if they look ok. I don't know
what exactly makes the difference, but I often experienced a big
difference.

I guess a re-amp isn't useful, it seems to be another issue, perhaps
Fons is right, regarding to the wiring.