[LAU] S/PDIF in with ESI Juli@ and JACK

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Wed Apr 3 22:19:39 UTC 2013

On Wed, April 3, 2013 1:12 pm, Daniel  Worth wrote:

> I may have miss read that. S/PDIF is stereo in and out, however, will not
> be available at the same time as your analog ports, it's one or the other.

That is my guess too, though it is not a limitation of the HW.

> You might have luck controlling this device with the Envy24Controller app,
> it is available in most distros app repositories.

The via/ice1712 and the 172* are different chips. As far as I know the
Envy24Controller or mudita24 are for the 1712 only. While all the 1712
cards can generally be controlled the same way, 172* need more glue
circuitry and there are often greater differences from one card to the
next using the same chip.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net