[LAU] ABX test invite

Peder Hedlund peder at musikhuset.org
Fri Apr 5 14:57:24 UTC 2013

Quoting Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>:

> first off all, synth-pop could be a good source too, there are a lot of
> Peter Gabrial recordings, that are better recorded than most classic
> recordings, but for sure Axel F. is absolutely not useful for this test.

Since you haven't taken the test your claim that it's not useful is moot.
Me and Raffaele were able to tell the difference in the two lower
bitrates but not in the higher so it proves that the test is valid to
at leat some extent.

Is there music that's even harder to encode out there? Probably.
But seriously doubt most is.

Do take this test and post your results. Or encode your own music
using the same parameters and post the result of that test (you don't
have to post the clips, just your score).

As for legality, the lame test page has a 26s clip of Metallica's Fade
to Black and since Lars hasn't sued the shit out of them I think my
10s snippet is pretty safe.

  - Peder