[LAU] ABX test invite

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 19:27:47 UTC 2013

Thanks for posting this. I cannot tell the difference with ABX - even for
the 108 version - so I guess either my ears are shot (quite likely) or my
ears are not able to hear such subtleties (also quire likely).. In any
case, it is amazing how good the mp3 quality is. I think the only way to
hear the deficits in this would be to really listen to the quality
(qualities?) of the recording rather than the music - a bit like
concentrating on the hiss on cassette tape, or the clicks/surface noise on
vinyl.. If the music is good enough, I cease to worry about such things.

To my mind, a slight loss of quality (invisible to my ears) is a small
price to pay in exchange for the much smaller file size...

James