[LAU] ABX test invite

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Apr 6 13:05:57 UTC 2013

In taberna quando sumus, we could first drink on the libre to be free to
like or not to like lossy codecs. If the codec is ok for the tests, you
don't have a guaranty that it will be ok for another recording at
another time, so for me there's no reason to risk loss, resp. always to
test listen if the MP3 is ok or not ok for a specific recording.

Use MP3! I don't use it!

Assumed I'm able to fix some issues, I'll make music today and tomorrow.
I planed to use 48KHz as usual, maybe I'll test 192 KHz, but I don't
think so.

For me only 48 KHz WAV is important, I don't care about 44.1 KHz WAV, I
don't care about 192 KHz WAV and I don't care about MP3.

If people think that the sound is ok at 44.1 KHz or by MP3, they should
use it, if people think they need 192 KHz, they should use it.

I only want to produce at 48 KHz WAV and when production is finished I
still have no reason to convert to 44.1 KHz or MP3. If a CD should be
needed, than I'll resample to 44.1 KHZ, if a lossy codec is needed for a
video container, than I'll convert it, but I usually need 48 KHz WAV
only.

Even if MP3 should be ok for all recordings, I won't use it. Why using
such an additional layer for audio only?

Everywhere we go they blast bad mixed music on us, no supermarket
without loudness war noise.

MP3 isn't just a thorn in my side regarding to it's quality, but also to
the way music is misused today. MP3 for me stands for music 24/7. I
don't eat chocolate the whole day, I don't have sex the whole day and I
even won't hear good music the whole day.

Regards,
Ralf