[LAU] E-MU 1212m soundcard installation help for the blind

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Sat Apr 6 17:18:50 UTC 2013

Hello Clemens1
   No, no 0000:04:04.0 . But te directory was:
/sys/bus/pci/drivers/EMU10K1_Audigy/
   Same goes for the 10K1X directory.
   I've also booted my ARch Linux, which is a bit of a pain, but it has a
normal 3.8.3 kernel and candetect hardware and load modules. Same there, I get
the info on lspci, but no entry in /proc/asound/cards . ALSA version on that
system is 1.0.26 .
   I've also cleaned up the motherboard, just to be sure and checked, if the
card slotted correctly. It feels that way. If one of them seemed a little
doubtful it was the main board, not the daughter board.
   Anything else, that I might test?
   Warm regards
         Julien