[LAU] PCIe: E-MU 1212m soundcard installation help for the blind

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Apr 6 23:58:26 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-04-07 at 00:08 +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> No screen... :-( I dispensed with a screen long ago.

>From time to time it can be important to access the BIOS configuration.

Latest drawback of my RME PCIe card:

Jack only does start with the sample rates 22050, 32000, 44100, 48000.
It doesn't run with the sample rates 88200, 96000, 192000.

:D

The other issues still are xruns, there's no setting without xruns and
only 2 of 8 ADAT channels are available. HDSP conf doesn't work and ALSA
mixer doesn't work correctly, just HDSP mixer is ok, excepted of the
ADAT issue.

I assume you made inquiries about your card?
That's a serious issue for Linux, I made inquiries but got to much wrong
information, not only for my RME card.

I had a modem that was listed for all board revisions as usable with
Linux and when I got a board revision that didn't work and sent it as
information, I got the reply, that the board version I got, was known as
not working with Linux, it just wasn't listed, because this board
revision is very seldom.

I shouldn't have wait that long with my card, but instead I should have
sent it back to the dealer and bought another card.

If you can't get your card working, don't wait to long, within 14 days
you can give it back.