[LAU] MICROSOFT HIRED THESE PEOPLE TO SABOTAGE OPEN SOURCE

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Apr 8 08:20:14 UTC 2013

Please, continue at d-community-offtopic at lists.alioth.debian.org only!

On Mon, 2013-04-08 at 04:49 +0000, Dirk wrote:
> http://i.imgur.com/6Oja0bm.png
> https://boards.4chan.org/g/res/32881623

First of all, I forwarded this to a list, where one of those persons is
subscribed.

This is the OP: Dirk <yqlsxepzrclk at mailinator.com>

So no real name and picture of this guy.

Sure, I've got another point of view myself and don't like those changes
for Linux too, for example, when ever possible I try to get outdated
versions of GIMP and there are many changes and new policies I don't
like. I also don't like many members of the community, but we are humans
with different worldviews and even if other people don't tolerate your
or my world view, we should tolerate others and not do the same.

Denunciation by email to an open list is absolutely unacceptable, for
several reasons, e.g. people could have the same name, or look very
similar.

Your claim suffers from missing evidences!

Even if this should be meant as a joke, it could excited people.
Even if this should be mean serious, while being the truth, this isn't
the way civilized people act.

If "MICROSOFT HIRED PEOPLE TO SABOTAGE OPEN SOURCE", then we should talk
about it, without witch-hunting. At least fr me it's not important who
are those people, for me it's important to know more about this issue.

Are there any evidences for your claim? I don't like many changes,
because some changes make Linux closer to Windows, but I use Linux to be
far away from Windows. Why should Microsoft hire people to make Linux
more like Windows?

I don't do research about this topic myself, it seems t be a conspiracy
theory and not worth the hassle. This is the chance for you Dirk, to
undergird your hard claim.

Btw. IMO this belongs to
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/d-community-offtopic
if we should continue without witch-hunting.

Including the witch-hunting it belongs to /dev/null.

Please, continue at d-community-offtopic at lists.alioth.debian.org only!