[LAU] E-MU 1212m soundcard installation help for the blind

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Mon Apr 8 09:17:00 UTC 2013

(let's try a different e-mail for Pavel)

Julien Claassen wrote:
> Just to be sure: could it also be due to a contact not really connecting?

No, the contacts work fine.  PCI Express is a quite complex protocol,
but all communication uses the same packet format over a single serial
link, so when lspci shows correct information, all other things like
register accesses, bus-master DMA, and interrupts will work.

The problem is that the driver does not program the DSP correctly
(according to its internal consistency checks); it appears different
parts of the driver have different ideas of how many channels there can
be.

> I suppose beyond waiting there's no more I can do right now, to help,
> short of sending my card to a developer, so they can have some "fun"
> in testing code. :-)

As far as I can tell, the PCI and PCIe versions of the 1212m are
identical as far as the driver is concerned, so we just have to find
a developer with some 1212m.

Regards,
Clemens