[LAU] Glitch 2

Tim E. Real termtech at rogers.com
Fri Apr 12 23:51:54 UTC 2013

On April 12, 2013 08:42:14 AM Atte wrote:
> On 04/11/2013 02:05 AM, Tim E. Real wrote:
> > Apologies for the dev-ish talk below...
>
> I think users having trouble should file a bug report to the author
> Kieran Koster. He's a renoise dev and from what I know of him from the
> renoise forum a serious and friendly soul.
>
> And I the dev's of linux hosts should get in contact with the guy. It
> might be glitch2 doing something wrong, it might be the host.
>
> Please don't get offended, political or take this personal, but:
> Can't we please not start the closed vs open source linux software war.

Er, I hope I didn't insinuate that.

> Here's a guy that decides to make a linux compatible version 2 of a very
> famous plugin, couldn't we work *with* this guy?

Agreed.

Having limited time, just one guy with so many plugins, I tend to take a sort
 of pragmatic approach where I try to just 'make them work' and move on.
You know, sort of try and "welcome all plugins one and all".

But Paul made an excellent point recently that such 'kludgery', just to
 be able to say "I can load all plugins", is bad and encourages mistakes
 and bad practices, either mine or the plugin dev's, to be propagated.
But it's hard to resist, sheer curiosity to make some plugins work, eh :)

Not to mention, what is 'proper', when instructions themselves may be vague?

Cheers.
Tim.