[LAU] Ardour3: monitoring

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Apr 13 13:38:49 UTC 2013

Hello,

   With Fedora 15/CCRMA and Ardour 2.x shipped with it, I used to
monitor a track (including EQ and effects) by adding an external send to
an unused playback(s) of the 1010LT.  The 1010LT itself was set for
digital mix.  When I do this with Ardour3, there's a quite noticeable
delay in the monitoring which prevents it from being useful at all.  The
'send1 out' are associated with playbacks 7 and 8 in the main routing
diagram.  And so...

   1) At Arodur3 install time there was some option about monitoring and
I've chosen 'something' which could have been the default.  I will
install 3.1.10 soon, so I can redo this step if needed.

   2) Is this now a direct consequence of not using any low-latency
kernel ?

Thanks for any comments/suggestions - much appreciated as always.

Cheers.