[LAU] Ardour3: monitoring

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Apr 13 21:53:21 UTC 2013

Le 13-04-2013 17:43, jonetsu at teksavvy.com a écrit :

> And so the trigger to install a low-latency kernel would be getting
> too many xruns.  It sounds like a simple rule to observe.

And indeed.  In one recording of a simple acoustic guitar track there
was at least 29 xruns. They are so densely packed that their numbering
is not that clear.  Never had that many under Foedora 15/CCRMA where
there was one once in a while. So I guess I'll try a jack setting of 128
or a bit more if if this does not do it, install the Linux Mint
low-latency kernel.  The machine is quad core with 16G of RAM.