[LAU] About loop, pc based performance

Gabriel gabrielsimao1234567890 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 22:54:53 UTC 2013

On 14-04-2013 22:52, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM, Gabriel
> <gabrielsimao1234567890 at gmail.com
> <mailto:gabrielsimao1234567890 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hey everyone. I play violin, I have an electric-acoustic violin
>     and an LPD 8 from Akai. I want to make a loop based performance
>     using my laptop (PC). What kind of software ( loopers and DAW )
>     and hardware ( like foot pedals ) would you recommend for me ? And
>     what kind of audio interface would you recommend for that ? The
>     violin would go for some software reverb and delay and the pads
>     and knobs would go for making beats and messing with audio levels
>     and effects.
>

> sooperlooper
> behringer FCB1010
>
> done!

Awesome video Emiliano . Sooperlooper looks like a great choice ! The
behringer FCB1010 seems to be the "cheapest but yet great for the price"
midi pedalboard around right ? And to get the audio from the source to
the sooperlooper and from sooperlooper to the PA's I can use any audio
interface that is Linux friendly. And if I want to add effects to the
input signal I can use something like jackrack somewhere in the signal
chain in the jack patchbay. How can I get my LPD 8 pad to play some
percussion samples ?