[LAU] Raspberry Pi and real-time, low-latency audio

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Apr 15 22:39:56 UTC 2013

On Mon, April 15, 2013 12:27 am, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:

>> Though making an enclosure and buying the switches (that can handle
>> being
>> stomped) would probably cost as much as a premade controller anyway. Are
>> you going to add any other controls? (pots or other programing kinds of
>> things) or just use presets?
>
> I bought some cheap switches and I've got some broken things lying
> around and my ultimate goal would be to make a simple USB-MIDI
> footswitch with some extra knobs to adjust parameters. But that will be
> a long term project (two kids, solderingironophobia).

I thought the R-Pi has GPi/os. Is it not possible to use switches
connected direct?

>> Is that a Dan Armstrong? Or does someone else make clear (and very
>> heavy)
>> body guitars?
>>
> Answered this in another mail.

Ya, Last D.A. I saw was about 1974. It was a bass, but was short scale so
the intonation was problematic. It was heavy. The owner went from that to
a Rick.

> In addition, there are some manufacturers
> that use PMMA/acrylic/lucite/perspex bodies. The most well-known at the
> moment is ECG (Electrical Guitar Company). They have two lucite
> signature models with aluminum necks (how awesome is that), the Brent
> Hinds (Mastodon) Custom and one of the coolest contemporary guitars, the
> King Buzzo (Melvins) Standard:
> http://www.electricalguitarcompany.com/index.php/model/King-Buzzo-Standard/fuseaction/models.77d7eb47.htm

They look nice. How easy is it to keep them clean? Or are finger marks not
visible more than 5 feet away anyway? Says 9 pounds... I haven't weighed
any of mine...Hohner (the jack) headless - 7lbs - Rickenbacker bass - 10
lbs - squire katana bass (ex rental now fretless) 7.3 lbs So weight is not
an issue.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net