[LAU] Setting up and using E-Mu 1212m (emu10k1) soundcard

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Apr 16 16:36:45 UTC 2013

Hello everyone!
   So I've got the e-mu 1212 soundcard working. it should have two analogue ins
and two analogue outs and then S/PDIF I/O and ADAT - i.e. 8 channels in and 8
channels out. That doesn't seem to be the case.
   With a normal JACK call to hw:4 I get 2 ins, 2 outs (I suppose the analogue
part.
   With JACK using the syntax given in
Kernel/Documentation/sound/alsa/emu10k1-jack.txt
   using hw:4,2 and hw:4,3 I get 8 ins and 16 outs, which is 3/4 of what was to
be expected (16 ins and 16 outs).
   But from what I understand from this document, these are the DSP channels,
not primarily the hardware analogue and or digital I/Os.
   So does anyone have a card of that family and set it up together with JACK
to use all hardware I/O?
   Warm regards
          Julien