[LAU] M-Audio Delta 1010lt SPDIF Clock Source

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Apr 16 20:59:38 UTC 2013

On Tue, April 16, 2013 7:20 am, Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:
> +Jonas Petersen
>
> Sorry to top post, but linking in Jonas Peterson -- who is actively
> working on this issue.  This is a known issue with the 1010LT, and IIRC
> is a kernel regression.  See the ALSA thread here:
>

> http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2013-April/060910.html

Certainly that bug doesn't affect the d66... if I turn my spdif input off
while clocked to it, the audio goes... well the clock speed goes way out
anyway. But, in that thread, it appears that audio is still making it
through if not in sync. It seems in this case there is not even audio.
This is what puzzles me. It seems audio can go one way but not both.

However, to test it (quoting from the above thread) "I just grabbed an old
Ubuntu 10.04 ISO which contains Alsa 1.0.22 and live booted it on my
machine. Tests show that it's working as expected with the 1010LT: It's
properly externally clocked."

This would be the Ubuntu 10.04, not ubuntustudio which was not a live ISO
back then. This means no jack while running live unless you have tons of
memory and wish to install it while running live :) But pulse should be
able to be set to the spdif i/o. I am also not sure envy24control would be
installed by default (alsa-tools-gui) but alsamixer is there. Alsamixer
can set the sync to spdif with the rate setting (96000 + one).

Should be able to see if it is possible while running that ISO to run
audio from linux - 1010lt to 9624 and back. Use the multi mixer feed the
return spdif audio to analog 1/2 outputs.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net