[LAU] mixing problem

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Thu Apr 18 12:14:44 UTC 2013

When sounds are competing in the mix, the frequently given advice is
usually to carve out frequency ranges for them with EQ.

But what do you do when its a thick analog keyboard part that spans a
4-octave range, and the range it's playing is the whole musical point of
it?  What do you do for those parts that won't fit in an EQ shoebox?

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky