[LAU] mixing problem

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Thu Apr 18 20:56:59 UTC 2013

The more I try it out on different speaker systems, the more I'm
convinced now that it's not so much that the keyboard part itself is
clashing with other tracks as that its warmth is including certain
midrange frequencies that are driving some (but not all) speakers crazy.
That's a problem that happens to me a lot...  I just need to find out
which particular frequencies.

It seems that in commercial mixes, they scoop the midrange to the point
of near non-existence to avoid this problem.  I've always wanted to
avoid doing that, but I certainly see why they do it.

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky