[LAU] [OT perhaps?] kernel options relating to access rights

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Sat Apr 20 17:18:06 UTC 2013

Hello all!
   I've recently compiled a new kernel and since then my "alarm clock", doesn't
work anymore. My alarm clock is mplayer started by cron. I know, I once had
that issue before, but beat me, if I know, what I've changed since then.
   My mplayer uses JACK by default and the system it's running on, still runs
JACK and mplayer from a root account normally. I'd much rather not reconfigure
that.
   So any idea, whichkernel option might have stopped my mplayer from being
triggered by cron?
   Thanks for any advise.
   Kindly yours
        Julien