[LAU] ALSA multi plugin woes, joining two cards

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Apr 20 19:12:53 UTC 2013

On Sat, April 20, 2013 11:50 am, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello again!
>    So zita-a2j isi working with all but emU's S/PDIF. I can spare that for
> the
> time being.
>    But one more problem: The analog I/O is on one device - in my case
> hw:4,0.
> Of course I need this in both directions. what's the trick to get bot in
> and
> out in JACK?

I thought jack had the 1010 on it... However if you mean using zita-i/o,
you can run more than one instance of zita and you can use the same device
for two of them. For example zita-a2j with hw:1,0 and zita-j2a with
hw:1,0. One for inputs and one for outputs (at least it worked for me with
my ensoniq 1370 and my internal ac97 IF). Jack sees one card for inputs
and one for outputs or one for both. You can run as many zita-a2j
instances as you have audio IFs. You can tell each instance what you want
it to call itself on the jack graph too to keep from confusion.

So, if you have hw:4,0 with both input and outputs, that is two zita
instances. Then if you also have hw:4,1 that is only inputs, that can be
another instance and hw:4,2 could be yet another.

Easier to do than explain.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net