[LAU] Nice plugins for acoustic bass guitar ?

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 06:48:52 UTC 2013

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 2:38 AM, david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

>> Isn't an acoustic bass (ie, a great big guitar) an essential part of a
>> Mariachi Band? Or are you guys talking about something else?
>

> Acoustic bass (particularly the big standup string base) was essential for
> jazz, too.

It's also used in an orchestra as the lowest member of the string
section, although played with a bow (arco) but sometimes plucked
(pizzicato). But not the same as acoustic bass *guitar*, which is an
acoustic version of the electric bass guitar used in rock, pop, etc.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com