[LAU] Nice plugins for acoustic bass guitar ?

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Sun Apr 21 09:15:37 UTC 2013

Am 21.04.2013 04:38, schrieb Bill Gribble:
> An "acoustic bass guitar" is a bit of an oxymoron.  The whole idea of it
> was invented for "MTV Unplugged" so that bass players who couldn't play a
> double bass would have something to do.  Nobody ever hears them
> acoustically, they just can't keep up with an unplugged band.  You need a
> much bigger body to decently reproduce low frequency sound.  So forget
> about mic technique, use a good DI, and treat it like an electric bass,
> which it is.

Well it is, the same as a half-acoustic Jazz-Guitar is an electric
guitar. But it does sound a bit different since the vibration of the
strings is influenced by the vibration of the body, which differs a lot
from the vibration of a solid body.
On the other hand: I even recorded a Fender Telecaster "unplugged" for a
track once. With a  RFT DM 122 microphone it sounded just like it should
for a particular section in a song...